Yesterday, the UK decided that it no longer wanted to be part of the European Union. What happened afterwards was pure chaos- the Prime Minister, David Cameron, announced he will be resigning, global markets crashed and perhaps most covered in the press was the crash of the British Pound to the lowest levels in the last 31 years.
While I could elaborate on my political feelings about this and my thoughts on ramifications (I have a degree in Politics and Economics!), there is more than enough coverage on any of the major news outlets and amateur politicians and economists. Where I can be of help? Sharing some of my favorite British websites to shop so that those of us watching from afar can take advantage of the crashing pound to get some deals – errr, I mean help support the British economy.
So, without further ado, here is my list of UK Sites to Shop when the Pound Crashes:
- Mint Velvet (The Duchess of Cambridge has worn their Plimsolls before, and I buy their clothes every time I go to the UK. Well made and casual, their slogan says it all – relaxed glamour.
- REISS (Another DoC brand, but a favorite of mine too. Super high quality high-street clothes.
- Jigsaw (Great options for all everything. So much to pick from!)
- L.K. Bennett (DoC wears these shoes… And I buy a new pair every time I am in the UK. My FAVORITES. Make sure you pick GBP)
- The Outnet (UK site charges in GBP – be sure to pick pounds! There is different stock than the US site as well)
- Miss Selfridge (A great option for trendy stuff!)
- N.Peal (Amazing high quality cashmere. Plus, they’re having a sale!)
Links to some with current sales:
Are there any I missed???