Today, we are going to take a look at a recipe from The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook, by Emily Ansara Baines. This recipe would make an easy and tasty lunch for a woman with a busy schedule.
Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese, Toasted Walnuts, and Pears
Yields 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 8 cups lightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- 3 firm but ripe pears, not peeled, but quartered, cored and cut into long slices
- 1 ½ cups toasted walnuts
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk together red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, shallot, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sugar, sea salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Soak dried cranberries in 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Let soak for 20 minutes.
- Place 6 cups of the spinach in a large bowl. Add pears. Toss with most of the remaining dressing, and then add last 2 cups of spinach and toss again until well coated. Add cranberries and toasted walnuts, and toss again. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with goat cheese.
The post Cooking with Catherine: Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese, Toasted Walnuts, and Pears appeared first on What Would Kate Do?.