I stick to a variation of this oatmeal recipe at least four mornings a week. This is the perfect recipe for early mornings – you can put it together in about 30 seconds, forget about it while you finish getting ready in the morning, and enjoy it before heading out the door.
Early Morning Oatmeal
- 1/3 c. oats
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 c. water OR milk (your choice! I use water)
- 1/2 chopped banana
- Handful of blueberries
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- In a small stockpot, combine the oats, stevia, chia seeds, and water/milk. Leave it on low while you put your makeup on/walk the dog/make the bed. After about 15 minutes, it should be all absorbed and delicious. If it looks too thick and sticky, you can always add more liquid to thin the consistency.
- Top with the fruit and sprinkle of cinnamon. Voila!
- I use oat bran, but the Englishman uses quick oats. Feel free to use oat bran, quick oats, steel cut oats, or whatever floats your boat. The recipe remains the same, although cooking times may vary.
- This recipe is good with whatever fruit you have in the house – think chopped apples, raspberries, or oranges. Be flexible and creative!
- I suggest topping the oatmeal with fresh fruit, but adding it to the pot while things cook creates a different flavor – just as delicious, but another variation of the same recipe! The oat bran in my featured image uses blueberries and blackberries cooked with the oatmeal, which explains the lovely purple hue!