While you may still be wearing your warmest coat when you head outdoors, there is no doubting that Spring is right around the corner. If you need any evidence of this, head in to a retailer near you and check out all the Spring merchandise beginning to appear on their shelves. I’m always eager to get purchasing some new warmer weather clothes (OK, OK, any clothes really) and I like to start as soon as I can. We thought it would be helpful to save you the time of flipping through dozens of fashion magazines and condense the biggest Spring 2015 trends into one easy place so you can keep them in mind as you start to thaw out and pick up some new clothes for Spring.
Our Spring must-have trends include:
- The wedge sandal – long a favourite of ours, these shoes add height and glamour without sacrificing any comfort. The bright and bold wedges appear to be the trendiest this season, but if you’re looking to buy only one pair we’d recommend a good quality pair in a neutral that you can wear with almost anything
- The monochrome midi – while the midi may not the easiest silhouette to pull off, it is a very demure look and lends itself well when paired with a classic silhouette. The look this Spring is to combine the retro appeal of one black and white pattern with another, different pattern in the same monochrome colour schema.
- The slouchy suede bag – suede is one of my favourite materials for purses as it lends itself to feel a little more lived in and comfortable than the sometimes harsh exteriors leather can represent. The look this season is not structured at all, which is a perfect companion for suede. The slouchier bucket bags in suede are perfection.
- The white lace blouse – while white lace can be dangerous unless you’re getting married and we’d steer away from most dresses ourselves, it can be a nice, ladylike touch on a blouse or even in some cases a lined skirt.
- The cuffed denim – can you ever go wrong with denim? The cuffed denim is a great way to show off your new wedge sandals and a svelte ankle. The look is still slim for this season, but not as tight as in the past. Some very wide and loose legs are now also reappearing in the culotte world, but unless you are a supermodel it’s a tough look to pull off
- The bohemian maxi dress – doesn’t this dress look to be the most comfortable thing you could ever wear? It screams free spirit, yet is still perfect for days when you want to look like you could be going on a fabulous vacation.