What do you buy for the holidays for the woman who has it all? Let’s say the kind of woman who is an editor of a lifestyle blog, who buys whatever she wants when she wants it and is notoriously difficult to buy for? Without further ado, let me present the ultimate gift guide for the refined, sophisticated woman who has it all – but when you only have $250 at maximum to spend.
Here are our top 17 picks for the holiday season.
- New York City Chrysler Building Sketch ($25, Etsy) The perfect gift for the refined girl who, undoubtedly, shares our love of the Big Apple. Having art that speaks to you in your home, and doesn’t look like everyone else’s Ikea selections, is one of the surest ways to prove you are a sophisticated individual beyond her years in her dorm room or first apartment. This sketch has gorgeous colours to it as well, sure to brighten up the bleak and dreary winter months ahead.
- Elsa Peretti’s Diamonds by the Yard Collection (From $150, Tiffany’s) You can not go wrong with a piece from this timeless collection – even the woman with the largest jewellery collection I know still wears her dainty Diamonds by the Yard pieces with her other jewels. They’re perfect for everyday wear and even better when layered. If you can afford to buy the real diamonds, then by all means – but the Colours by the Yard collection is also stunning with aquamarines and coloured gemstones at a lower price point. Added bonus? She’ll squeal when she sees the Tiffany’s box. We guarantee it.
- Diptyque Scented Oval in Figuier ($45, Diptyque) While you could go the traditional Diptyque route and get her a candle, the scented ovals are a different way to get her the same level of sophistication from luxury candle and now skincare brand Diptyque. The scented oval is designed to hang in the closet, guaranteeing that every time you open your closet doors, the subtle smell of Figuier is what greets you.
- T Tahari Marla Wrap Coat ($195, Nordstrom) A perfect gift as no one can have enough comfortable wrap coats. This one features an oversized collar and slightly flared sleeves which are guaranteed to keep you in her good books on those cold mornings when she’ll have the perfect solution to beat the cold, stylishly.
- Eberjey Petite Batik Pyjama Set ($140, Nordstrom) We are firm believers that every woman should go to sleep looking like a million bucks – and this pyjama set will be just the inspiration she needs to kick off the new year in fashionable pyjama attire. Extra bonus is that no one has ever said they had too many comfortable, soft and stylish pyjamas.
- Signature Housewares Ceramic Measuring Cups ($25, Nordstrom) If you’re going to be spending time in the kitchen cooking, you should do it with some tools that are aesthetically pleasing. We love these measuring cups that add a colourful splash to your cooking routine.
- 60×60 Chunky Knit Throw ($250, Etsy) The most expensive item on the list, but the one you’ll be getting thank you cards for over the next decade on a regular basis. These chunky blankets are the things of my curled-up-in-front-of-a-fire dreams.
- Barneys New York Champagne Bubble Cashmere Scarf ($145, Barneys) Perhaps it’s the name (hello, champagne!), perhaps it’s the cashmere (hello, lover!) but combined? This is an irresistible addition to any Christmas stocking.
- Tocca Florence Sapone Soap ($12, Nordstrom) Adorable packaging, irresistible smell and looks more expensive than it is – all major reasons that this soap should be added to your Christmas wish list this season!
- Essie Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Lo ($8.50, Nordstrom) It’s a really cute stocking stuffer which adds shimmer and sheer to the nails and will be a guaranteed match for any holiday outfit. The problem is that you may not be able to hold off gifting this little beauty until Christmas day!
- Aerin Round Match Striker ($220, Neiman Marcus) I’ve been wanting this match holder for years – it would add such sophistication to a living room so that when you have guests and want to light your expensive candles, you can do so with so much class they’ll be shocked they are in your presence. Swoon.
- 8″ Succulent Terrarium Kit ($25, One Kings Lane) A perfect unique gift that will help your recipient get in touch with their DIY selves. My most stylish, chic and refined friends have all gone crazy for terrariums – and this gorgeous kit has everything you need to start. Plant not included!
- Le Creuset 11 3/4″ Classic Iron Handle pan ($180, Belle & Clive) If your recipient cooks at all (and who doesn’t?) then the sophisticate needs Le Creuset. This pan can go from the oven to the stove and back again – and it’s got a gorgeous purple hue on the exterior.
- Faux Fur Knit Grey Socks ($17, Dorothy Perkins) There is nothing better than warm fur-lined socks in the winter to keep your toes warm. I even love to have them on underneath my Hunter boots to let me escape cold and wet toes all winter without winter boots!
- Diptyque Luxurious Hand Balm ($38, Nordstrom) Say farewell to dry hands for good with Diptyque’s new luxurious hand cream – it’s made with apricots and it truly makes your hands as velvety smooth as many of my other much more expensive potions. Plus, the white packaging is as luxurious as they come. Love.
- H&M White Apron ($12.95, H&M) Apparently we’re pushing the cooking trend this season, and if you’re cooking, you don’t want to ruin your nice clothing (trust us, oil does not come out of silk) and this apron is both cheap enough you won’t feel bad when you inevitably spill on it and cute enough that you’ll actually want to wear it.
- 1/4 Carat Champagne Diamond Studs ($150, Kohl’s) While no one would turn down diamonds, sometimes this is not always economically feasible. This is where looking at some of the other colours of diamonds is a great way to still invest in a quality gemstone without the staggering price. These champagne diamond earrings would be fabulous to pair with some louder jewellery to really make a solid impact.