It’s been a long week for both Christine and I as we have been anxiously awaiting a certain Royal Baby’s arrival and also working towards a makeover on another of our sites. Here are some of the things that kept our spirits light this week:
- Issa for Banana Republic comes out on August 9th! We love Issa’s casual feel but formal style dresses. Issa has been extensively covered on What Would Kate Do? so head there for full coverage of the brand if you’re not familiar. We can’t wait to see how the collection will play out.
- Detroit went bankrupt this past week and it led to some interesting stories about how Detroit has properties for sale for $39. That’s a house and land! Don’t worry, Christine veto’ed me from purchasing one for Effie Media Headquarters.
- It seems like everyone I know is either juicing, talking about juicing or thinking about juicing. NY Times had an interesting article this week about the littany of juice bars opening up all over the place and the clientele at each. I am currently debating doing a quick 3-day Juice Cleanse from Vancouver Juice Cleanse company “The Juice Cleanse” but am a little turned off by the price tag ($195/3 days) and feel like I could make juices at home. I think….
- Emmy nominations were announced this week with some of my favorites (Mad Men! Scandal! Breaking Bad!) scoring major nods, but also showed how Netflix series House of Cards swooped in to rival cable TV powerhouses. I’m a Netflix subscriber (and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it) but haven’t gotten to House of Cards yet. Will really have to get on that.
- Still waiting for little Baby Cambridge? You can always check out the Sun Newspaper in London’s live feed of the hospital doors. (Seriously)
And lastly, because watching this makes me giggle every single time… SHARKNADO! Have a great weekend 🙂